This programme is offered only by Preparatory School Croydon:
We are offering Hifdh classes every morning for selected pupils. These classes are supervised by Muhammad Zakir who is a well renowned Qari in Croydon.
We expect the children to have a love for the Quran as this will impact on the effort that is needed. Hifdh programme is only offered to those children who are able to read the Quran fluently, this is a prerequisite for the children who can attend.
The criteria for being accepted in the hifdh programme is:
- – Need to be reading the Quran fluently.
- – Willing to set aside time at home every day around half an hour to memorise the lesson given that day
- – Makharij (pronunciation of the letters ) need to be at an acceptable standard
- – A child should know at least half of Juzz Amma by heart
- – A child needs to be committed and punctual
The programme is run five days a week from Monday to Friday from 08:00– 08:35. Below is a setlist of objectives we expect each student to commit to and will allow you as a parent to see if your child can take on such an endeavour.
- – The student should have a copy of the Qur’an to memorize from.
- – The student must arrive at school by 7.55am.
- – Failure to arrive on time on 3 occasions will result in them being removed from the programme
- – Students are expected to memorise the previous lessons with the teacher.
Hifdh morning programme has been limited to 10 pupils. If you would like your child to be considered, please email the school office at email@example.com.