Dear Parents and Carers,
I hope that you are well and enjoying the summer break. Students have worked very hard over the past year and I am sure you are eager to collect your child’s results.
I would like to inform you that GCSE results will be available from 09.00 am – 11.00 am on Thursday 12th August 2021 in the school library. For a reminder about the precise arrangements, please see the attached student guide to GCE/A Level qualifications.
Staff will be available to discuss results and provide any support if required. Please be aware of the arrangements below when coming into the school.
COVID-19 – information for pupils and parents:
- Pupils and parents should follow coronavirus (COVID-19) safer travel guidance for passengers when planning their travel to school, and we encourage you to walk where possible.
- Those who have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, or who have someone in their household who does, must not come into the school. If this means that your son/daughter cannot collect his/her results in person, please ask him/her to contact school via sending email at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and arrangements will be made.
- To limit numbers inside the school, only your son/daughter will be able to join the queue in the car park or enter the school buildings to collect his/her results.
- Pupils must ensure they clean their hands regularly – please brings hand sanitiser with you.
- We all must ensure good hygiene by promoting the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach.
- Contact and mixing must be minimised, therefore students (and parents) must not gather on the school site or elsewhere, to prevent the spread of infection.
- Students should only re-enter the school building after collecting their results if they need to make an appointment to see a member of staff.
Results will be collected from the library from 09:00 am and students will then leave the school site unless they require further help or information as outlined below. Please note that third parties (including parents) cannot collect results on a student’s behalf without:
- A signed letter from the student himself/herself, naming the individual who is to collect them.
- Photo ID (driving license or passport) which matches the name specified in the letter (so if a parent is named by a student, the parent must bring Photo ID).
Please also be aware that we do not provide results via email or telephone.
Clerical checks and appeals
If your son/daughter wishes to request a clerical check or appeal the process by which the examination board awarded his/her grade, he/she will need to complete a form available in the envelope. He/she should read the detailed guidance attached to this letter.
I know that this will be a tense time for your son/daughter (and for you!) and so herewith my warmest wishes.