RE: EMERGENCY SAFEGUARDING UPDATE – SCHOOL STATUS – COVID – 19
Assalamualaikum, Dear Parent(s)/Guardian(s),
We have previously written to you about the current extraordinary measures that our country and organisations are taking to deal with the phenomenon known as COVID – 19. We have previously highlighted to you that there is a chance that schools will have to close or switch to distant learning modes. Yesterday we sent you a SMS and a letter to inform you that our Nursery will be closed until further notice. Today after considering the below we have decided that the school will not operate according to our usual mode until further notice:
- Advice from the DfE (Department of Education)
- Advice from Medical experts in our community
- Consultation with senior management at Al Khair Foundation and our Croydon Schools
- Our primary objective of safeguarding our communities (students, teachers, parents and other members of the wider community)
We have therefore decided on taking the following actions:
- We will suspend the usual face to face teaching mode (except for support on Fridays – where students, if required can accompany their parents)
- All parents will be emailed their children’s username and password to our new distant learning management system (Showbie). This will facilitate students and parents to communicate efficiently with teachers – about their child’s individual learning needs.
- All parents will have access to collecting a physical copy of student work as a backup or alternative to our digital learning mode. This will be available on Friday 20th March from 8.00am – 11.30am at the school.
- All parents will be emailed a cover letter from their children’s individual teachers today (or in the case of Y5 by tomorrow 4pm) about what work the students need to complete on a daily basis and general advice including safeguarding (e.g internet safety etc).
- Parents will have access to teachers via email or showbie during their school hours.
- Parents who need further help and support will be able to meet teachers in their individual classes at the school this Friday 20th March 2020 from 8.00am – 11.30am at the school (and every Friday at the same time thereafter – until further guidance).
- The above will be reviewed on a weekly basis and any new updates will be communicated to you via SMS and email.
- If you have any other general enquiries please email email@example.com or call the school landline 0121 544 2361.
- Teachers will provide feedback to children about their learning and therefore allow students to continue in their educational journey.
We acknowledge this change of mode will be a challenge for us all, however considering the advice from our consultations from a range of specialists we believe our decision is a wise one.